§ My digital garden
My digital garden is a publicly available portion of § My note taking system shared online.
My digital garden is where my writing happens before it becomes published, whether that be via short-form Posts or long-form Articles. I take an approach heavily inspired by Zettelkasten.
It’s also my way of participating in a fascinating act of digital gardening and digital garden culture, but also changes the paradigm entirely in how I approach note taking, to allow published articles to be genuinely formed bottom-up from individual atomic notes, to outline notes, to rough drafts of a thought and then published drafts of articles.
My digital garden lives at joel.is/notes/.
Digital Garden related notes:
- Making part of your notes public brings clarity to the note taking process
- Why I keep my digital garden and blog content in the same system
- My note taking, digital garden and blogging tool stack
- § A list of digital gardens, personal wikis, transparent notes
- Private is a label for any topic notes
- ■ Why my digital garden lives on my personal website
- How my note taking system and my digital garden co-exist
- Articles and Posts are published moments in time of notes
- ■ Content ideation, creation, maintenance, distribution and repurposing workflow
Work on my digital garden:
- Ideas list for my digital garden
- Todo list for my digital garden
- Done list for my digital garden
- Issues list for my digital garden
- Scripts for deploying my digital garden
- 𝍌 The Garden and the Stream: A Technopastoral by Mike Caulfield
- 𝍌 A Brief History & Ethos of the Digital Garden by Maggie Appleton
- ❝ imagine that instead of blogging and tweeting your experience you wiki’d it
- ❝ The Garden is an old metaphor associated with hypertext
- ❝ The Garden is the web as topology
- ❝ if only we can get our heads out of the Stream for a bit, and build the Garden we need